Monday, June 7, 2010

Taking Time

I am writing to the sound of a steady rain, enjoying the fact that I can allow myself this time to indulge in something that I really want to do. Perhaps that is one of the lessons that I have learned over the years. It is just as healthy to take some time for oneself as it is to get things done that are calling for attention. I have learned that most things will wait and few things are as urgent as I once thought they were. As a stay-at-home Mom, I am not sure that I gave much attention to my own needs or desires. There were always so many things to do that I rarely gave myself much thought. I think that was a mistake. No, I don't regret the time I spent doing things for and with my girls, or all the volunteer work I did at their schools and at church but, looking back, I think it would have been beneficial for me to have used some of my time for me. How I would have managed it is hard to say, but we all need to make time for the important things in our lives, and that certainly qualifies as something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment